Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I live in GREECE and my one wish,was to be cremated,which was illegal here,but no the greeks allow this

I live in GREECE and my one wish,was to be cremated,which was illegal here,but no the greeks allow this .?
People in greece are so against cremation including my own two son;s,but they have promised me this will take place. Please god I will be way down in the ground. Greeks leave the coffin open,for me this is torture,but to my sons who grow up in greece is normal. I don't feel abnormal,but I am being a little bit of trouble to them both,as I want half my ashes with my greek family,and also I would like the other half with my nan in the uk,ill this happen? I know when Im gone I dont know nothing,but I feel if I not cremated I will feel whats going around!!! me, I feel sorry for my sons and they want to have a normal mother in a grave so everyone kisses and says their goodbyes,but I am so against this. Will my wishes be possiable??
Greece - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As far as I know, cremation happens abroad (eg Bulgaria*) through a funeral parlour here in Greece. They will just arrange everything with the additional funeral parlour of the country the body will be sent for cremation. There was an effort about that from people and organizations (such as ”International Cremation Federation”) but bureaucracy (or maybe the Greek Christian Orthodox Church in some extent) have paused all this process FOR NOW. So, to answer to your question, your wish can still happen, and maybe 'till the time you...pass away, maybe things here will change, for your situation. About the cultural reasons why Greeks are ok with an open coffin but think that cremation is way too creepy or wrong, isn't hard to understand because of current religious points of view. Thousand years ago, cremation was the actual standard way to show respect to your dead beloved ones. But not anymore. There are many Greeks though that regardless religion, cremation feels right for them, each one for their own reasons. Anyway, each country has different culture, which is something to respect of course. (eg, if i was in india i would have to respect the fact that cremation is what they do, but as you say, when time comes i won't like the idea, 'cause that's not in my beliefs, besides i don't wanna be fried like a chicken) I hope you know some Greek News Video about that subject http://www.in.gr/video/default.aspx?videoID=70403 Some info i found (again in Greek) http://www.cremation.gr/cremationinfo1.htm *which by the way is the cheapest and faster way among Greeks or immigrants or people under different religion than Christianism who wish to be cremated.
2 :
ONLY @ EASTER TIME... iam sure we can disguise you as an ARNAKI.... throw a few herbs on you,,,and make a nice spit for u... ..... yeah iam sure we can make ur wishes come true or cremation @ easter time..al though... its going to be a very slow roast... dont mind me... i come from a long line of cannabals....since ancient times....
3 :
I feel the same, I live in Greece but I have made sure that everyone knows my wishes when I die. I wish to be flown to my home country of Wales, cremated and my ashed buried with my mother. If your wish is to be cremated then your family should respect this. I do not agree with an open coffin or kissing of a corpse and I have made my wishes very clear to my husband, as I am not Greek orthodox I don't think I would even be entitled to a Greek orthodox funeral anyway. Just make sure that you record your wishes somewhere to make sure they are carried out.





Read more discussions :

Search News