Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm vegan and I live in Greece. Does anyone know where I can find a vegan Super market

I'm vegan and I live in Greece. Does anyone know where I can find a vegan Super market?
I live in a neighborhood called Ano Vrillisia, and I need a vegan supermarket that's close by. Please help me if you can^_^
Greece - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i have been to greece several times and having my partner lived in greece most of his life and being greek i would say that is going to be hard to find because greeks are big on meet. My partner is from xylokostro near korinthos and we spent alot of time around there and i never saw one come to think about it even when i was in athens i never really saw one. Have you tried asking someone up there that knows the area a bit better
2 :
What do you want to buy? There are no "Vegan" SMarkets in Greece, but you can find more or less anything you want. The only thing I could not find in Athens is Tofu, but I did not looked too much. Ask your neighbors where the local "Laiki" is taking place: this is a farmers market that usually happens once a week and you can get fress produce at cheap prices. While in Greece people are really big on meat, Greek cuisine has some great vegan dishes: Patates "blum", turlu, fasolakia freska, mpamnies kokkinistes, imam baildi etc etc.
3 :
Everything you need to know as a vegan (easy to say, difficult to be:) read why: http://www.box.net/shared/kgn4lc9gzt There is no vegan supermarket, only biological supermarkets. For example: ΑΓΝΗ ΓΗ Λ. Πεντέλης 104, 210-8104825 There are lots of them at Vrilhssia, check google :)
4 :
I think there is one in Pentelis av. (Chalandri) -- not so sure if it is still working. (large green building)
5 :
i am not from athens but iam sure that whatever you need as a vegan you will find it in one of the big( or probably smaller too) supermarkets of your area
6 :
Every friday there is a laiki agora ata Vrilissia every Wensday there is a "laiki" for biological groceries at xalandri on Ioanninon str and timfristou street that is open fro 3pm to 6pm http://www.buildings.gr/greek/aiforos/Biological_agriculture/paradossi.htm there is a green supermarket on Pentelis and lots of small stores in your area!! Dont know what exactly you are looking for!!!!
7 :
IN GREECE EH???NOWHERE DUDE....
8 :
You can go to the laiki agora (open air market). There is one in every neighbourhood held weekly. They sell only vegetables there, very good ones.







Read more discussions :

Search News