Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ideal place to live in Greece

Ideal place to live in Greece?
Where would you say is the ideal place to live in Greece? Somewhere close to the Sea with good nightlife, shopping, dining, but also good for young kids. Honestly we kind of wish to own a home that has a Sea view from the house. :) Also, any good listings sites?
Greece - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was born and raised on the greek island of Kefalonia in the Ionian Sea. Although I have moved away many many years ago it was the richest and most rewarding experience I could ever have imagined. The locals were so friendly and helpful; everyone looked after each other's children -- it felt in many ways like a giant family. We were not wealthy, but I don't remember needing or asking for much either -- there was so much to enjoy and do. The ocean was about 3 minutes from my grandmother's front door. And there was plenty of nightlife and local activities. I am so appreciative of that childhood experience (in all I spent about 7 straight years there with family) -- and I will never forget those memories. I wish you the best and hope that you too can experience the same -- some day your children will thank you for it! Best wishes.
2 :
Definitely Kefalonia. I am from england and have been to kefalonia 4 times and going again in august. Me and my family have been looking at houses on the island with a plan to open a taverna/restaurant. Pretty much any town on the island has quick and easy access to a beach and most of the bigger towns have quality nightlife.
3 :
Preveza - mainland Greece Not an island as suggested as winter time is boring!
4 :
Crete or Santorini. If you go to Santorini, be ware of many,many stairs. Andromeda is the best resort in Santorini. Another place is Kalamata, i recommend staying at the Filoxenia, has a pool,kids pool, olive resteraunt, olive spa, private beach, beach volleyball.. etc.





Read more discussions :

Search News