Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Where would you rather live in Greece

Where would you rather live in Greece? Why?
Is there a city, a village, an island, a place in Greece you would like to live in or you plan to live in the future? Could I have a star? :-) Elaine, I live in Athens and I like it here. But, I would like to live in Kalamata; I lived there for 3 years, actually. It is city close to the mountain and the countryside and it's built next to the sea! I miss the sea! http://www.messinia-guide.gr/item.asp?content=27&category=187&item=34&lang=en http://images.google.gr/images?source=ig&hl=el&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ELGR268&q=''Kalamata''&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi Athens, in fact Piraeus is built next to the sea, too, but it takes some time to reach the sea...
Greece - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would definitely like to live in Athens. It's so amazing! The history, the architecture, everything! :D
2 :
I live in Athens but i could live also (and i would be happy) in Nauplio, Kavala or Rhodes. But i feel very nice here because i live in a small city out of Athens so i am close to Athens and in a place near the sea and with nature (very important).
3 :
i love thessaly! i love T R I K A L A!!! OH YES I LOVE U MY LAND!!!!!
4 :
Kerkyra for any time of the year.
5 :
I think the best place to live is in Thessaloniki, Macedonia or near Thessaloniki. The reasons are many. It is not polluted and noisy as Athens, it has a lot of places to visit all year around and if you're a student it has one of the best students' nightlife. And it's only an hour from the best beaches of Halkidiki.
6 :
I would live in zakinthos, although it is very very very quite in winter lol everyone goes back to the mainland. I don't really know why but its the place i feel the most safe
7 :
ANY where in greece is blessing to live in..why? because my ancestors my home is there my blood ..my soul is in greece and where ever i may go around the world i take her with me....call me greedy but i would love to step up shop in the future at my fathers old village which is nestled between finikounda and perivolakia and evangelismos...next 2 towns are methoni and pylos...
8 :
I lived in Kos for a year - Athens for 10yrs and now Preveza (for the past 10 yrs) Places I chose to live were great during that time of my life - Athens was great when I was single BUT Preveza is perfect for a family life. Personally I would NEVER want to live on an island which is not reachable by car - I wouldn't like the isolation and having to rely on the weather for ferries/planes plus the winters are pretty boring. I am really pleased I own a house in Preveza, it must be one of the nicest places to live in Greece. I also like Lefkada town (island but can reach by car) Patra, Volos, Thessaloniki, Ioannina (which my husband hates as there's no sea) - I tend to need to be able to travel around to different places so I choose my base wisely (with hospitals, schools, transport in mind)
9 :
Not LIVE, but I would like to visit cities and places with ancient and living histories, like Salonica and Crete.
10 :
I agree with Asimenia. Not living in a non-accesible by car island. Having lived in Zakynthos,this was the worst part. I have lived in Chalkidiki,Zakynthos,Thesslaoniki,Serres,Chalkida and Athens since now..... My best place is Chalkidiki.... Close to Thessaloniki,clean enviroment,beautiful scenery....
11 :
I like it where I am but if I had to move anywhere else it would be Larisa.
12 :
I live in Athens and I love it. I wouldn't change it. But if I had to choose, I also like Ioannina, I think I could live there for some time (I can't stand living in a place far from the sea for too long) ! What about you? :)
13 :
i live in thessaloniki and i believe that this is the best place in greece. its beautiful, clear atmosphere, the thermaikos near and by night?? Yiami
14 :
Kerkira - Corfu - That's where my mom's family heritage is from.
15 :
in Malia of course...to drink,dance all day long and flirt with the girlzzzz :-P





Read more discussions :

Search News