Sunday, April 1, 2012

PLEASE HELP... I LIVE IN GREECE... taxes..

PLEASE HELP... I LIVE IN GREECE... taxes..?? help please!!! thanks soo much?
I live in Greece. If, I order for example, a macbook from teh apple store online and have it sent to my friend in the states and then have her send it to me... do i have to pay taxes on it? i will have her take it out of the box so it doesnt look new... but i was just wondering... what if i buy something from england... and have it directly shipped to me... liek a laptop... will i hav eto pay taxes?? thanks os much
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, you will pay taxes on the item purchased in the US. Also, you might want to check on laws about shipping computer equipment overseas, there is an issue there as well.
2 :
Shipped from UK is no problem (also compatible) - with no taxes. However from USA- major problem with electrical items - may not be compatible with Greece but also anything (used or not)over 22 euro is subjected to be taxed - A LOT! You may find yourself paying more than it's worth (plus shipping is v.expensive from USA)





Read more discussions :

Search News